2.15.2008

whoopsie

I forgot about my poor little blog. What can I say, I've been a busy girl...

Last weekend was an awesome weekend! I got to buy my super beautiful wedding dress, went to a hockey game, and went to an 80's party at a skating rink. It was one of the best weekends I've had in awhile! It was crazy busy and I didn't even get one nap in but it was totally worth it. I got to see both of my bubbies, my gparents, and visit with my long lost BFF. Awesome, awesome.

I'm finally well. Or so it feels for now. Almost every single person I know has had either bug #1 - the coughing, sneezing, can't breath thing or bug #2 - the poops and the pukes. I was lucky enough to get #1 but it's taking a long time to go away. I was afraid the Bossman was going to give us all bug #2 because he had a damn fever the other day and wouldn't go home. Nice, huh? Anyway, the good thing to come out of this is that I haven't been smoking like normal. I have gone like 8 of 11 days without smoking. I'm going to try to only smoke when I drink, we'll see how that goes. So far so good. But my Love is coming home tonight and that means he'll take me out, and I might just have to drink. Maybe.

My Vday turned out okay and it was actually kind of surprising, considering I'm really not a fan of the day. My sweets sent me a cute ecard first thing in the morning. I got some new slipper socks from Bosslady. I bought everyone breakfast (but the picky shits didn't eat it so I did today LOL). I went home and the Roomies and I made dinner. I made beer bread, roasted sweet potatoes, grilled avocado, and the sauteed mushrooms. Dad made the steaks. Momma P made the salad. It was a perfect dinner, especially once I found a bottle of Smoking Loon Pinot Noir in the pantry that I forgot I had bought. After dinner I found my pj's and settled in with my new lover, HD DVR, and some Lost. Oh, and I bought T a book that I'm sure he'll never read and that's too bad because it's great. It's called Well Groomed: A wedding planner for what's his name (and his bride). It's really funny and I hope T takes the time to at least browse through it, it's got great wedding advice for the guys.

BTW: Wedding date - 8 months, 10 days. I've got a lot going on with it right now. I've decided that we're having BBQ for our dinner, added a margarita machine (or two), and we rented a whole 'nother room for the reception. I've got to make an appointment with the florist for next week and we're going to try a new BBQ place this weekend that I've heard good things about. All of the parents are starting to chime in on their opinions and I'm none too fond of any of them. Weddings are a control freak's nightmare. That bridezilla is in all of us...

Here's my Friday Fun, from Friday's Feast.

Appetizer

Name one thing that is unique about you. I have a large dragonfly tattooed on my stomach.

Soup

Fill in the blank: My favorite salad dressing is honey mustard but I like ranch too.

Salad

What type of wood do you have for your home’s furnishings? We will be filling our home with dark, espresso colored wood. (Can't think of the name right now, and some of what I got isn't really wood, it's that fake shit).

Main Course

Who do you talk to most often on the phone? That would be my #1, Toddles.

Dessert

What level of responsibility do you have in your job? Mmm... I'm responsible for the money that comes in and that's a lot of responsibility.

Have a great weekend!!!

No comments: