8.25.2008

2 months from today...

I will be married.

I wish I could describe what happens in my head when I say that, it's like a comic book fight with words, but better.

Amazing actually.

We had a really great weekend. Friday night was spent mostly at home and ended at our BFF's house over several beers and a domestic dispute between the neighbors. That is always fun as long as no one gets hurt.

Saturday was an especially fun day. All of my girlfriends have been wanting to help me with something for the wedding. I had a designated craft day for all of us and we got a ton of stuff made. We did all of my centerpieces, table runners, my birdcage veil, the card box, and a few other crafts. My centerpieces turned out awesome! I'm having individual cakes at each table as the centerpiece and we had to make "stands" for them. I got the clever idea to take two grapevine wreaths and stack them. Todd and I made 100 teeny felt bows and four of them go on each stand. The girls wired them all together and glued the bows and plates on. They look so awesome! I really love the whole homemade, warm look we have going for the big day.

Saturday night was a doozy. We had a(nother) big poker party, this time for T's step-sister. We had 24 players and my baby won the whole thing! It was a nice party, until the tequilla came out and then things get fuzzy. All I know is that I woke up Sunday afternoon feeling like I had been run over. I was sick, sick, sick. Honestly, I have no idea how I played soccer two hours after I woke up, but I did. How's that for commitment? I was actually with it enough to take two awesome shots, one that was with my left foot and the other went in the keeper's face, hard. Shortly after my game, Toddles had a hockey game and they lost pretty bad. Oh! I didn't mention that last week he got a hat trick... He scored two shots and took an awesome penalty shot. I love watching him play. Anyhow, after all of that last night I made an awesome dinner and we watched the newest Harold and Kumar movie.

I'm recovered today but I slept too much yesterday. I think I'm going on two hours from last night. Ah well, second cup of coffee is on it's way down.

Nephew update before I forget. Little Wyatt was born on 8/20 at 2:55 - just in time for his Mimi, Aunt T, and Uncle Tyler to get there! He is beautiful and amazing and perfect. It is beyond awesome to watch my little brother as a father. He's a natural. When he gets down close to the baby and talks, Wyatt goes nuts because he knows Trev's voice. We are all so in love with him already! Last I heard, my friend was still waiting to have her little guy, her doctor isn't as nice as my SIL's.

Peace out and happy Monday!

No comments: