9.17.2008

i'm so good

Last night I kicked some kitchen ass! We had the piles (see photos below) of gifts from the shower and Monday night I got the lazies so nothing got cleaned up. Hubs took me for a delicious dinner of pizza, salad, and wine so I had a hard time keeping my eyes open once we got home. Tuesday was another day though and I had big plans! I hurried to the grocery store after work, grabbed the food I needed for the week's menu (yes, I make a weekly menu) and ran home. Our darling BFF was there, checking out the shower tornado, ready to hang out and drink some beer. Hubs and I put the groceries away and I made a really yummy fried chicken salad that was definitely restaurant quality. Watch out Applebees! BFF hung out for a couple of hours while Hubs and I unpacked the rest of the gifts and decided what we should garage sale. He was a doll and did a lot so I let him go chill and watch WSOP.

I jumped right in - I could not handle the mess anymore! Seriously, there was new silverware on the counter, old plates on the bar, new glasses and platters in the dishwasher - it was making me nuts! I took all of the old stuff out of the cabinets and put it on the desk. I moved all of the clean stuff to their new homes. I reloaded the dishwasher for round #3 of new kitchen gear to be cleaned. After about an hour I had everything in its new spot and our kitchen look clean and new. It was fab. It really looks like a new kitchen.

I'm so in love with everything we got, our plates, our gadgets, and especially the Keurig. Oh. My. I love my coffee machine. I let BFF make a cup for herself and she was in love with it too. Seriously, it takes about 15 seconds to have a fresh cup of perfectly brewed coffee. I'm still trying all of the flavors in the K-cup variety pack, so far I think I like Coffee People the best. You should seriously check these suckas out. They're beyond fantastic and I'm so glad that Rev Ben's mama got it for us. Gosh, reading over that I sound like an advertisement. They didn't have to pay me to say that, I just love the darn thing.

So, that's today so far. I'm about to head back to the grocery store shortly because I had already planned on grilling pork chops tonight but now I need smoked gouda, bacon, and parsley to stuff in the chops and then grill 'em up. Yum. Servin it up with some healthy home fries and garlicky green beans. No wonder he wants to marry me, right? haha

Oh, almost had a wedding meltdown yesterday. I called the linen rental place because I never recieved the invoice they were supposed to send me. They couldn't find it in the system and we had to start all over again. Thank goodness I know my shit because it would have sucked if I went to pick them up before the wedding and they wouldn't have it. Disaster averted. My invites went out Monday and people are already getting them! Toats exciting!!!

No comments: