5.07.2007

Got boat?

We might all need one by the end of the week... Yet another reason to love Oklahoma - torrential rainstorms for the entire month of May. It makes Green Country beautiful but it makes me blue.

Today I woke up and really wanted to stay in bed. My honey was there. It was dark and rainy. How much more perfect could it be? I had to ruin it by getting up and going to work. I would have called in but they're on my ass this week. Yeah – another reason to be happy to get out of bed. I really wanted to call in a quit and pack all of my stuff and move to the Lou with T. Really. Badly. I don't know that I've ever wanted to be with him as much as I do right now. I always want to be with him, but after this weekend, my heart is sad that we aren’t going to be together the rest of the week. We got a taste of what it’s like to be a normal couple and it was muy fabulouso!

Friday night was nothing special, we just hung out with some friends. Saturday morning we got up and tinkered around the house, he fixed the surround sound, I fixed sandwiches. He moved things in the spare room, I vacuumed. We jogged together. We cleaned together. We got ready for the evening together. It was glorious. We watched the Derby with C&C and then had dinner at Mexico Lindo. Mmm - that is my absolute favorite Mexican dojo. That night we went to a party to celebrate Cinco de Mayo and watch the de la Hoya/Mayweather fight. It was nice and relaxing and fun all in one.

Sunday was my favorite day this weekend, except that I woke up in a supremely foul mood. I was just grumpy and I still do not know why. We watched the race and ate greasy food and laid on the couch all day. I cried and got rid of my bad mood, it really sucks being a woman sometimes. We women do that crying thing on occasion, it makes everything better, and I honestly think only God knows why. My sweetie was confused and bless his heart - he tried to make me better - but there was nothing to do but let me get it out. So I did and I knew I’d be laughing when it was over and I did that too. Crazy. Toddles decided to stay another night so we tackled my jungle of a backyard together. People take for granted things like doing yard work together. It sounds funny but we had the best time mowing. My other favorite part of the weekend was when we got home from dinner and visiting a friend. It was a perfect night out so we opened the back door, lit the tikis and candles, cracked a couple of beers, and put some Billie Holiday on the record player. It was amazing... What a way to end a weekend.

So yeah, that is why I want to be with my honey right now. I want this stuff every day for the rest of my life. I want the chance to do things together. I want to kiss his head before I leave for work and when I get home. I want to get all dirty and sweaty and feel that sense of accomplishment with him. I want to be lazy or productive or sad or happy with him. I just want us to be...

Yep, I'm whiney today. Watch out.

No comments: