5.16.2007

Okay, back to my weekend...

Friday night was pretty uneventful... I got to visit BFF and her kids for a bit, drink some vino, and hang out. Then I hung out with S&SK and my Jules until late... Drank enough to feel like dookie when I woke up Saturday.

Saturday afternoon I headed to Mama's house for her birthday celebration cruise. She and three of the lake ladies had birthdays this week so about 30 people got together. We loaded up on two boats and cruised up the lake for dinner and drinks, it was really nice except the lake was disgusting from the flooding and rain the past couple of weeks. You wouldn't believe the debris in the water! It took almost two hours to get back to the south side of the lake because we had to spotlight and navigate with one engine going to avoid trees. It was a good time. Mama's friend made these great crab cakes for her, I tried to figure out what was in them because apparently it's this super secret recipe. The only ingredient I could figure out was some cilantro, yellow bell peppers, and possibly some poblano. I dunno but those suckers were good.

For Mother's Day we had plans to meet with Grammy and P-Unit at the Doubletree for their buffet. It was a nice spread, I think my favorite item was the orange roughy with roasted red pepper sauce. It was light and since I quit eating meat, it was my only option. I did try some peel and eat shrimp, but peeling the little legs off freaked me out so I could not eat the rest of them. Everyone kept raving about the Italian creme cake but I didn't get a bite of it, I wasted my sugar intake on cheesecake with a peanut chocolate sauce. I seriously needed a nap after eating all of that deliciousness but I couldn't stop. I visited Toddles' family that evening and played with the kiddos. Had a horrible experience at Burger King (shh... I love their salad) later and vowed never to go back. I ended my weekend watching the last half of Entourage and getting my HBO fix at S's house trying to unwind after a very long and busy day.

I really missed my honey this weekend. I was such a emotional mess that when Mama passed her card that P-Unit gave her for Mother's Day, I took one look at the picture and started tearing up. Yeah. Didn't even get to the words and I was crying. I hate being so emotional sometimes. Toddles and I were both in a foul mood on Sunday evening. It's weird because sometimes we start being kind of mean to one another and get really short on the phone. It's because we're frustrated with our situation and we take it out on the one we love the most. It's a nasty part of living 400 miles apart but we'll be better in a couple of weeks. Nine days til we meet again. Happy Wednesday y'all....

No comments: