5.22.2007

What it do?

Yeah, that's my new saying for the week... Toddles hates it but he forgets that I'm a little bit gangsta... I'm sure it will wear out soon. : )

It’s almost wedding time! It’s a little less than two weeks until my youngest brother, Trev, and his darling fiancĂ©, Roo, get married. I spent the weekend with them and had a really nice time. Like to hear it? Here is goes...

Friday evening I had made plans to highlight S’s hair. I was getting nervous about it but once the bleach was on, my destiny was in her hands... er, hair. It looked like we were doing a science experiment because she had ice on both of her gimp knees propped up on the coffee table and a lovely highlighting cap on. SK brought us dinner from Pei Wei, the Kung Pao was good, the sweet and sour was too gingery, and the lettuce wraps were perfect! S’s hair ended up really pretty, I did a darn good job if I don’t say so myself! : ) After we ate dinner that SK brought and rinsed her hair it was beer time. We met up with some friends and drank the night away. I forgot that I was supposed to play poker with the gang so they weren’t too happy with me. Oh well, I think they’ll get over it. Sometimes it’s hard having two groups of friends.

Saturday, I slept in. It was soooo nice not having to get up and do a million things. I headed for OKC around 1:00 for Roo’s personal shower. Got her some super cute Victoria’s Secret stuff and this candle that turns into massage oil as it burns. Smelled like vanilla and I don’t do vanilla, but I might have if I were getting a massage with it. I was exhausted when we got finished with the shower but I kept on truckin. I hung out with my dad’s girlfriend for a couple of hours and then called the lovebirds to see what they were up to. I headed for their house and when I got there, I kicked both of their booties in Mario Kart and got ready to go out. We called Dougbert to see where he was working the door and headed over. It was this place that had a motorhead feel to it, you know like greasers, rock-a-billy, type stuff. I liked it and Trev being a mechanic liked it too. There was a band playing that looked like they walked right out of the 1950's complete with horn-rimmed glasses and pompadours. When Dougbert got off at midnight we headed over to a hookah bar called Isis. It was swanky, the bartender wasn’t very friendly but whatever. I ordered a mango vodka on the rocks and decided that it was one of the most delicious sprits I had ever tasted. Everyone took a sip of my drink and ordered one for themself. I was going to get the first round and when the lady said, “that’ll be $55" I about sharted. $11.00 for a freaking shot of vodka!!! It was wonderful but daaayum! Needless to say, we only stayed there for one drink. Oh, well Trev got a beer, don’t remember what kind it was but it was tasty. We headed to a bar called the Red Rooster that was pretty neat, beer only though - we all had some big ass Boulevard and they were yummy. We closed that joint down and headed back to Dougbert’s new apartment. Super cute little place on the NW side of downtown - I would live in the same area if I lived in OKC. Oh, and if anyone knows of a mango vodka besides Finlandia, let me know - I want to find that sweet nectar of the Gods!

Sunday, the three of us woke up late and grabbed some greasy breakfast. We went back to their house and watched “Night at the Museum” - cute flick! We talked all day and it really sounds like they are ready to get married, they just have to figure out the whole house situation but that’s a whole ‘nother post! Family business is crap business when a relative is no longer capable to handle their stuff is all I have to say.

Great weekend - I missed my Toddles though. Just 3 more days until we meet again and I am looking forward to it.

I’ve got to get our food plans together for the weekend at the lake, I’ll check in again soon!

No comments: