9.27.2007

i'm a bad quitter

So I didn't make it very long after my last post without a smoke. I think I went 4 days but as soon as I cracked my first beer on Friday night, it was all downhill from there. They tasted like poo but I had a few more anyway. I think we're both doing pretty well by cutting back, I'm down to about 3 a day. Toddles s-mom is on Chantix, she's smoked for 32 years and is doing great. Helps that she's in Hawaii on vaca...

It's Thursday already! Today I am going dress shopping for the first time!!! My mom, sis, and I are going after work to a boutique that's having a huge sale. Then it's sushi time baby! We're going to try Sushi Train, haven't had it yet. The menu looks great!

I chopped my hair again yesterday. It's this cute little pixie bob thingy and I'm so happy that I got the cajones to do it. New hair. New dress. New sushi. It's going to be a good day!

Plus! Oh yeah, there's a plus... My dad is home from Cali for a visit and he's coming up to see us tomorrow night. Super exciting since we haven't seen him since June and that was totally pre-engagement. Also the reason I'm going dress shopping tonight and tomorrow because if I find something he can get it for me. I'm such a daddy's girl! Anyway, we're hanging out tomorrow night, I'm thinking of making meatloaf and taters and homemade bread. Yummy! He's bringing wine since he lives in Wine Country for us to try for the wedding. (394 days by the way!)

The fair is in town starting today. We'll all go on Saturday and chow down on some kind of deep fried goodness and ride risky dirty carnie rides. I'll probably do the olives and pickles, and maybe a spiral spud. I love this time of year!!! And I'm glad Dad will be here since Toddles doesn't like the rides, he and dad's gfriend can chill while we have fun. Yeehaw!

That's what the hap is with me.

1 comment:

blythe said...

ok, so i haven't read the whole post, i will, i will, but i'm actually curious about chantix for work purposes - i'm helping to put together a wellness program for my university. any more thoughts?

weird comment, i know.