3.10.2008

hmpf

This whole job situation with Toddles has been frustrating - for him. He still has not heard from this guy but the guy keeps telling our friend that he wants to interview T, so it's like WTF? And something else... I made a deal with him that if he got a huge raise, like over 10k, then I would move there. And now he's gotten a couple of calls offering that much. What is that? Destiny stepping in or something?

I had a wonderful weekend for the most part. I visited pretty much everyone I know in OKC, family-wise anyhow.

Friday I woke up feeling like shit. After overdosing on vitamin C, echinachea, and alsparagus root juice crap, I thought I would be able to fight it off. I made it to OKC early that afternoon and managed to see both of my brothers, the preggie sister-in-law, dad's girlfriend, grandpa and grandma, and a cousin, all after a little shopping trip. The cousin, one bro, and his girlfriend and I went out for a bit that night to a decent little bar.

Saturday was my big girl's day. The 3 C's came down about noon and we met at the Cheesecake Factory. Can anyone guess what I had? Yes, fried mac & cheese... *drooling* It was soooooooo incredibly good. No cheesecake for any of us though. We headed to the mall and tried to find shirts for the night. We all succeeded but by the time it was finished I was about ready to pull my hair out and started doubting my outfit choice. It was time to get out of the mall, we all needed caffeine and ciggies! We left to check into our very fabulous and swanky hotel. After we got unpacked and coffee made we vegged around and enjoyed the break. The four of us ladies started getting ready for the night... We ended up looking so hot. I mean HOT HOT. We cabbed it to a friend's bar and had a few beers. Then he drove us to the club and we mingled. All in all, we had a really great time. We ended up taking the same cab four times that night (thanks Betty!) because we had to eat after the bar closed. Word to the wise, never, EVER, let a cabbie take you to a truck stop breakfast buffet at 2 a.m. EVER. I thought I had rot-gut the next morning when I woke up. Ugh. Oh, and if you start to lose your voice, don't try to scream and yell to make it go all the way. It really hurts. I can hardly speak today.

Sunday was a loooooong day. We hadn't slept much because one of the C's snored and coughed all night long. I went to my other grandparent's house for a visit and coffee, and to get the courage to get ready to go get the things I wanted out of my great-gram's house. I finally got ready to go and met my grandpa over there. What a nightmare. The house was a pit, her stuff was all gone, and my family had taken every last thing that meant anything already. I got the stuff that no one else wanted, but it's okay because it means more to me than them. After that was finally over and I made my peace with everything I called my other Gram for an early dinner. We visited for four hours and I made my way to the nursing home to see Grandma.

More on that in another post.

I made my way home and cried it out. All of the stress and tension from my family tapped me completely. I was emotionally worn out. I turned the tv on and turned my brain off and tried to sleep. I coughed for over 30 minutes and thought I was going to the ER because I was so short of breath but I managed to recover. That brings me to today....

Happy Monday yo...

No comments: