4.09.2007

Monday

I had a great weekend, what about you? Friday night's dinner with my friends was a success! I made the most awesome fried pickles that night, I'll have to share the recipe. We drank beer and wine and ate, it was fun. On Saturday, Mom and I drove to OKC. It was a nice visit, a little heartbreaking, but okay. My great-grandmother isn't doing so well, she didn't even recognize us this time. I miss talking to her so much... Had dinner with Grammy and visited my brothers. Sunday we went to church with the family and then out to the obligatory buffet luncheon after service was over. It was a nice message, I really enjoy listening to the pastor - he's always interesting. Plus there were babies sitting in front of me so I got to make faces the whole time.

The Gang got back from hunting yesterday afternoon. Toddles and Tim both got turkeys! I was so excited for T - it was his first bird. It sounds like everyone had a great time, I just don't know about having animal parts in my garage. I'll do it for my honey I guess. : )

Anywho, just another day so far - it's still early though. I've been at work since 6:45, had to drop T off at the airport this morning to catch an early flight. I'm going to be exhausted by the time 5:00 rolls around...

Here's that recipe!


YUMMY FRIED PICKLES
  • 1 jar of dill pickle spears
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 C milk
  • dash of Louisiana hot sauce
  • 1 C breadcrumbs
  • 1 C all purpose flour
  • 2 tsp. dried dill
  • 4 C oil for frying, I used peanut
Drain the pickles and lay them out on paper towels to get rid of the moisture. Get the oil hot, I just set it on med-high for about 5 minutes while I prepared the egg wash and coating. Beat the egg with the milk and add a dash of hot sauce in one bowl. Mix the breadcrumbs, flour, and dill in another bowl. Dip the pickles in the egg wash first and then into the breadcrumb mixture, then drop them carefully into the hot oil. Don't put too many in at once or they'll stick together and you'll lose your crust. I left them in the oil for about 4 minutes, until golden brown. Remove them from the oil and drain on a plate covered with a few paper towels. Serve with ranch dressing - preferably Hidden Valley Ranch - because it goes together so well. ENJOY!

No comments: