10.26.2007

friday not so fun #13

First off, I am dedicating everything I do today to my dear Stephie, who passed away unexpectedly 4 years ago today. Just in case she can hear me...

Hey munchkin, I can't believe you've been gone for four years, I was just thinking of you the other day. I swear, sometimes I can see you smile in other people - it kind of freaks me out but it's cool too. Your little guy isn't so little anymore. I bet that he would be almost as tall as you already! Your mom is holding up pretty good these days, she's slowly getting happy again. Lil man keeps her going and your uncle is taking her out today. We email back and forth a lot, she still sends those chain letters and I delete most of them, unless it's an angel, which reminds us all of you. Things are different without you but I know you're enjoying the show. We all miss you girl...

Okay folks, now on to the happy stuff. She wouldn't want me to be mopey today.

I'm getting married in 364 days. Whoa. Now I can really time to start planning the big day, not just pretend plan.

I've had a pretty lame week. It's been all cold so I've stayed home just about every night and gotten in my pj's early and eaten yummy soups that make my heart happy and snuggled with Pedroski. I had to turn on the heater last night. I swear, if I didn't know better - I would have thought it was going to snow. You know that eerie stillness that happens when it's going to snow? That's what it was like outside last night.

It's going to be a fun weekend. T and I are dressing up as Mario and Luigi for a Halloween party and then we'll probably go out afterwards. It's definitely going to be a cozy, snuggle on the couch type of weekend.

Here's our Friday Fun, from Friday Fill-in.

1. The last good thing that came in the mail was a sample of crème brulée coffee from Walmart.

2. This week I'm grateful for Fall weather, football, and sweatshirts.

3. Fried macaroni and cheese is the most delicious thing ever.

4. My beloved fiancée inspires me.

5. I'm most happy when I am eating or sleeping.

6. And all the roads we have to walk along are never lined with money.

7. As for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going downtown, tomorrow my plans include baking a skullie cake and go to a Halloween party. Sunday, I want to watch football, eat meatloaf, and snuggle with my baby.

1 comment:

Janet said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend; how horrible to lose someone, especially so unexpectedly.

That skullie cake looks awesome, I might give it a try! Have fun this weekend, and thanks for playing.