10.16.2007

today is...

World Food Day


Read about it here.

And I'm bored so I'm going to tell you alllll about my weekend.

Friday night my honey bunny surprised me and showed up in town. We went out and got a little shitty and stayed up too late doing silly things that are our little secret. No really, I'm not telling you.

Saturday T and I went ottoman shopping at 5 different stores and didn't find crap. We found one online that we're going to order that was pretty much what we wanted. It's so cool that we have the same taste and style - it makes life a lot easier - we both like simple and contemporary so there aren't any arguments over floral pillows and Oriental rugs. My bro and his gfriend showed up Saturday night in time for our friendly poker game with The Gang. I thought T was going to do well but he ended up going out at 4th place. The four of us went out after that and got hooked up at The Bar (clever name, huh). We went to an after party and stayed out way too late again. I felt like a high-schooler crashing someone's house. Fun stuff.

Sunday was fun day. Me, Ty, and Mags went to the grocery store to get stuff for a big lunch. Ty talked me out of making meatloaf, which I had been craving for two weeks, and into grilling steaks. They turned out great, had some mac & cheese, grilled squash & potatoes, and green beans. It was a ton of food!!! My little bro has turned into quite the grillmeister. I guess that's what happens when you're unemployed for 2 years and watch Food Network everyday. We watched football all day and hung out. Ty and Mags went to the Down concert, I declined, not my type of musica. Toddles had to go back home and I cried about it. He's been staying an extra day so I felt cheated this weekend. I sat down with a book and enjoyed my evening and made eggs for dinner. Comfort.

I went to watch football last night since I'm a lame-o and don't have cable. Have I mentioned that it pisses me off that Monday Night Football is only on ESPN? Well it does. It was the first time I've been out during the week in awhile. Okay, like two weeks but whatever. Went to Maloney's and it was actually nice. They remodeled and it was a lot better. I was nervous about running into Dickhead, the loser ex bf, but I was spared the drama. I drank beer all night and actually woke up feeling great today. That's because I didn't touch the Jaeger. See... I'm getting smarter with age. Jaeger makes the head pound and the tummy purge. Good to know since I'm being taken out again tonight.

Oh, I made an awesome dinner last night but that will be another post because I haven't downloaded my pics yet. It was a beautiful creation!

Yeah! Tuesday is 30 minutes from being over. Well, work over. But yeah!

No comments: