10.17.2007

recipes

I've been on a roll this week, just making stuff up as I go along.

For Monday night, I had this lovely Pasta Primavera.


Boil some linguine noodles. In a separate pan, heat a little bit of olive oil. To that add sliced mushrooms, diced onion, and garlic. Let that saute for a little bit and then add some white wine and let it reduce. Then add some red pepper flakes to suit your taste. Let that cook for a few minutes. Then add some sugar snap peas that have been cut into 1" pieces and let them warm through. Set that aside until the noodles are finished. Drain the noddles and add them to the pan with the veggies, toss with some more olive oil and top with parmesan cheese. Delicious! I think fresh regular peas would have been better but I'm a fan of the sugar snaps so it was tasty enough for me.

Tuesday night, I made some Papas y Enchilada con Heuvos.



Take a medium sized potato and cut it into 1" pieces. I leave the skin on a) because I'm lazy and b) because it's good for you. Put them in a dish with a touch of olive oil and salt. Pop them in the microwave for 3 minutes or until they soften a bit. While they're pre-cooking start on your enchilada. I just made a cheese enchilada with a little bit of onion. Roll it up and put in a pan (for baby and me) and set aside. When your potatoes are finished throw a teaspoon or so of ground cumin in and toss to coat. Add them to the enchilada pan. Cover the potatoes and enchilada with taco or enchilada sauce and shredded cheese. Bake in the oven at 350* until everything gets melted and the sauce bubbles. I like to put this under the broiler while I'm cooking my fried egg to get the edges all crispy. Fry an egg, over easy to medium is best for this because you want a runny yolk. Serve the egg over the enchilada and potatoes and enjoy!

(This egg was overcooked so my doggie Pedro got to enjoy it and I made another!)

1 comment:

blythe said...

oh man. so hungry.