6.09.2008

maybe i'm just boring...

Nah... Have actually been a busy bee, that's what Summertime brings. That was the longest I've gone with blogging. Oopsie!

Hi anyone that's still checking for updates. I've had a ton of stuff going on... Where to start?

My honey is moving home. In 10 days. I absolutely cannot believe that the time I've been waiting for, 3 years in the making, is finally about to happen. He told his boss straight up yesterday, "I'm moving on the 20th, job or no job." Can you believe it?!?!?!?!! We're crossing our fingers that the final answer on him working from home is going to be positive today. It's unbelievable but true. We also have a backup plan if his current job falls through... A company he applied and interviewed for in February contacted him last week and there is a possibility that an opening has become available and they said he is a "viable candidate" for the position.

What else you ask? Since hubby-to-be is moving home and we've made it this long without living together, I've been looking at apartments for him. Now, I have no idea how we are going to be able to NOT stay together EVERY night until the wedding, but we're going to try. Yes, I am a good future-wife, I will continue to live with my in-laws until the wedding. ACK! I cannot believe I've agreed to this, and it is completely possible that I may change my mind in a month, but that's the plan for now.

Speaking of apartments... Do you know how much I hate them? I've gotten spoiled over the past 5 years. I had a huge 2400 sq ft house, then I moved into my super cute "finding Tara" house for 3 years, and now I'm living in my own "wing" at the in-laws. I look at apartments and I hate the dingy little things - the countertops, the carpet, the closets. They all pretty much suck but like T said, it's only temporary. I keep forgetting that we have a foosball table (not TaraTot approved) so we have to get a pretty good-sized 2 bedroom and the only ones we can really afford are old. Yuck.

I haven't told anyone this other super exciting news... I haven't smoked since Saturday night. My best friend's mom starts radiation for throat cancer (40 year smoker) and I am trying my damnedest to quit so I don't end up like her. I am too young and too beautiful to continue harming myself like that. And it's really not that great. I've done well so far, the cravings have been minimal, but I haven't gone out yet or done anything that would tempt me. I have actually made myself stay home because all of my friends smoke and it would be too easy to pick one up.

I found a really great support group for endometriosis and I have been dealing with a lot of girlie issues lately. Won't go into detail about that but let me tell you, have sympathy on anyone you know with endo. It's horrible and awful and painful, and you cannot understand it unless you have it. Ladies, it's not in your head. The one thing that makes us a woman can also make us more miserable than any other thing in the world. That's my two cents on that for today.

Are you ready for the wedding update? Four months and fifteen days. I think I'm going to put a counter up on the side, but when I see one, it really makes my hands sweat.

I'm still playing soccer, except our season has been screwed up with power outages and such. We have a double header this weekend, hopefully we'll kick some ass in our new league. I'm also still working out. I am up to 2 miles on the eliptical in 20 minutes, which is pretty damn amazing if you ask me. I tried it outside on the track behind the house and I still did 2 mi/20 mins but I couldn't run the whole thing, I thought I broke my lung. Just more inspiration to quit smoking. At first I could only 1.25 miles in 20 mins so I've already improved greatly. I look better now than I have in a long time. I curl 40 lbs, no problems and I can finally do a damn pushup. Boy style. Word up!

Okay, time for a celebratory luncheon for my long ass, 7 years of wonderfulness at this J O B that I love so much. Blah. New restaurant though - I'll let ya know how it is.

I'm going to be better about blogging, I promdiggityomise.

No comments: