6.18.2007

Case of the Mondays...

The reason I'm blah could be because my sweetheart is all snuggled up in my bed, snoozing away while I'm sitting at work trying to keep my eyes open. Could be the disgusting, gloomy clouds that keep rolling by my window.

We had a super weekend. Friday night was poker night with The Gang. Toddles almost won but he got beat by his dad. We went to a couple of places afterwards and ended up closing down a bar near my house. Saturday was funny, we both wanted to go do something indoors but we couldn't agree so we went and had a late breakfast and lounged around the house all day. I love those kind of days and we normally reserve them for Sunday, but since we had plans with his dad it was nice to still get it on our short visit. We both thought we were going to be miserable at the horse races that night but it turned out to be the most perfect evening, for June in Oklahoma anyhow. We didn’t have much luck until the last two races we bet on, I kept telling T that I wasn’t going to touch the money because I have bad mojo when it comes to gambling, so he was making the bets for me. I picked the winners of the last two races and we almost covered our losses for the night. I think we spent more on booze than horses, but man, they make a killer Crown and Coke at the track. We tried to go to Santino’s later that evening but it was packed a-holes to elbows so we didn’t stay. We ended up at the Depot like normal and we stayed until the cops decided to raid the bar, which is never pleasant. I guess they were checking the tax tags on all of the machines and the liquor licenses, I’ve never seen that bar clear out so fast at 1:30 a.m. on a Saturday night. I thought it was funny to watch everyone scramble outside, as they don’t know you’re safer inside, can’t get a DUI if you’re not driving. Duh peeps.

Sunday was another relaxing day. We headed to T’s dad’s house for lunch and the race. We ended up staying over there all day and they went to buy a new tv. I helped his stepmom clean up the house while they were gone. I really missed my daddy that day, it sucked being away from him on “his” day but Toddles’ dad makes a good back up. They’re so good to me and treat me like one of their own. We stayed over there long enough to take them to dinner since they got the pizza for lunch. We went to Chili’s and it was delish! I love those damn chicken crispers but they are so bad for me. After we ate dinner we met S&S for a drink and stayed until the second showing of Entourage came on, then we went to watch that.

It was really a nice weekend. We didn’t talk about moving but I’m thinking that will happen when I’m in the Lou visiting this next weekend. We were so lovey all weekend, it felt good to have my boyfriend and best friend around. I love that guy so much it makes me crazy, but in a good way, ya know? I bet the next 4 days go so slowly.

I'd like to give a shout out to my Pops, even though he doesn't have the internet or really know how to use it, maybe this will get to him in spirit. Thanks for always being the number one man in my life, you're always there when I need you - whether it's to talk or just listen, or to knock some sense into me. I'm glad you're my friend and my hero - my life would be so different if you hadn't made big choices to stick around and raise us. You did a fine job! I love you Daddy!

Pass the tissue, I'm such a baby.

No comments: