7.09.2007

Ouchie!

Well... we finally got a break from the rain, I think we actually got three days without any of the wet stuff. The 4th was a nice mid-week break, although it messed up the rest of the week. It felt like a mixed up Saturday or something.

My honey was here on Thursday night. We stayed up late watching episodes of Rescue Me on DVD before I had to make myself go to sleep. I got off work early on Friday and we got our things together for the lake. We made it to C&C's parent's lake house in time for dinner and the sunset. I wasn’t too pumped about going because I didn’t know if we’d be able to swim since the water is up so high and I had heard the debris was pretty bad. We hung out with The Gang on the deck that night, drank beer, played games, and watched the boats go by. We all crashed out pretty early, T and I got the luxury of sleeping in C&C’s new travel trailer. It was really nice!

Saturday was a hot one! We got up early (for us anyway) that morning and hung out around the house. We played with the kiddos and once they went down for naps, the adults headed down for some swim time. The guys stayed in the water most of the time and us ladies caught some rays. I caught waaaaay too many rays and ended up burnt to a crisp. As the day went on, I kept getting more and more red until it was evident that I would be in a good amount of pain because of my negligence of sunscreen. I kept saying, “I want to get burned” but I forgot how much it hurts. I had the chills by the end of the night and ended up wrapped in towels as we sat around that evening. I had a hard time falling asleep because I wasn’t in the mood to get drunk and when I laid down, it felt like I had pins and needles all over my body. We thought that C might have a sunburn too but he woke up with a 103 fever and realized that he had picked up whatever his wife and kids had that week. (Needless to say, I took double my normal vitamin C this morning!)

We came home early Sunday and went to breakfast. After we stuffed ourselves we headed home for nap time. I think we slept for about 4 hours! I think we were both drained from the sun and fireworks that kept us up.

It was a nice weekend, I’m always glad to get out of town for a few days.

Oh! We found out that we’re going to Montana in August. Thank gawd for Marlboro - otherwise we wouldn’t get much of a vacation this year. That is going to be a great week!!! I get to fly to the Lou, drive to Knoxville, OH for a weekend of dirt track racing, drive back to the Lou, and fly home that Sunday. Then I get to work for 2 days and it’s vacation time again! I fly out Wednesday for the Marlboro ranch in Montana and stay for four days. I’m getting so excited! This is going to be a long 5 weeks. I hear that it’s one of the best vacations ever!

Hope everyone had a great weekend too, guess it’s time for me to go re-apply the lotion and aloe because my skin is getting tingly again.

No comments: