7.23.2007

sushi therapy

I was bored yesterday so I decided to go to the grocery store. I got inspired while I was there and decided to get stuff to make sushi, thought it would be therapeutic since I was kind of in the dumps. *Note to self, making sushi is NOT therapeutic - it actual makes you want to pull your hair out everytime the nori splits.

Left to right: tuna, mango, cream cheese, & avocado; spicy crab and green onion. Top to bottom: cucumber and mango, avocado, cream cheese, & pistachio; mango and cream cheese; and spicy crab cups.

It turned out pretty tasty. By the time I was finished I was full because I kept eating my mistakes, so I took it the guys to share with while we watched BB8 and Entourage. They scarfed it down really fast - that's always a compliment!

Other than that it was a pretty boring weekend for me... I tried to go antiquing and thrift shopping but didn't have a lot of luck on Saturday so I headed to the library for the first time in my adult life. It was a bit confusing, I completely forgot about the whole Dewey Decimal system, it took awhile to get reacquainted with that whole thing. I ended up reading a book, watching some of the Planet Earth series, and reading cookbooks on Sunday - it was nice to stay indoors parked on the couch.

Well, I'm off to reorganize my reading list - it was a total clusterf*&k trying to find stuff. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a library system like Netflix?

Oh, goodness! My co-worker just came in here and told me about this - how freaking sad!!!
http://kotv.com/news/topstory/?id=132090

No comments: