12.04.2007

changes

It was a bittersweet weekend.

I turned in the keys to my "super cute little house" on Saturday. It's been a really odd experience. Three years ago I was completely heartbroken and looking for a new home. My then-boyfriend was cheating on me, after I had raised his precious children and made a home with him for two years. I was sad and sick and really pathetic. Then I found this awesome little house that was full of color and cheer and just what I needed to start a new chapter in my life. I left the asshole and started a new life for myself. I started becoming friends with my Toddles again. I did the things that I wanted to do, not what someone else expected me to do. I got healthy again. I got happy again. It was a big turning point in my life because I really thought it was over for awhile.

The past month has been another life-changing experience. I have cried and laughed and lifted more boxes than I have in forever. I moved "back home" with my future in-laws. I'm getting married in 10 months. I'm in love and really happy for the first time in a bit. I'm getting out of debt and making a good life for myself, again. It's makes the whole marriage thing seem more real now that I'm sacrificing and bettering things for someone else. I swore three years ago I would never do this again. I wasn't going to fall in love, I wasn't going to give anything up for anyone, and I certainly didn't think I'd be moving in with the 'rents and losing some of my independence. Things change though. People grow up, fall in love, and makes dreams together.
I'm going to have my very own little family of two next year and that makes me so incredibly happy. *insert super happy tears here*

I'll stop being mushy but it really has been crazy in my world lately.

Did anyone else notice that we just slipped into December and it's already the fourth day, with twenty-one days to go until Christmas? Yeah, I just did. I haven't done any shopping yet but I have made my crazy organized list and I'm ready to start. Oh, but wait - I don't have my bonus yet. Thanks Bossman, make us wait until the last minute. I actually am going to get started with what I can this week. Not paying rent has it's advantages.

Tonight I have my first appointment with one of the photographers we've chosen for the wedding. I really wish T was here to go with me but I can manage on my own. I seriously only have 8 free days to myself this month. That is nuts! I was trying to pick a day to go to OKC for some Christmas shopping and it's like, duuuuuh Tara - you really shouldn't do that. Check this out: 2 photog appointments this week, two Christmas parties this weekend, work dinner, bunco, poker, December birthday dinner, and an ornament party next week; girls' night and then a 3 day break. Then it's off to St. Louis for the Steelers/Rams game, come home 2 days later, Christmas with Mom, T's fam, my fam, and taaadaaa! It's Christmas! Then it's my birthday and I turn the awful 27 and next thing you know it's freakin 2008.

Hopefully I won't have another breakdown between now and then. Peace y'all.

No comments: