4.17.2008

did you know

that it's National Grilled Cheese Month? I didn't and that's a shame. I have let 17 days of probably the best month ever slide on by without notice or even a sammich.

So, I'm going to post lots of yummy grilled cheese recipes and let any readers post their favorite grilled cheese recipes. I know what I'm having for dinner! Wait, that's not on the diet... Maybe I can find a healthy alternative while I'm searching for recipes.

Bobby Flay did a Throwdown on grilled cheese this week:
Bobby's sammich- brie, goat cheese, bacon, and green tomato
The Calvert - bacon, turkey, guac, and balsamic mayo (more like a Cali to me)

Allrecipes.com:
The bachelor - A funny and lazy way to ruin a good sandwich.
quick and easy - this one has herbs added
Greek - sounds good with feta and red onion

Wisconsin Dairy:
Tuscan style - with asparagus and balsamic
havarti and spiced apples - a touch of cinnamon and cardamom
the triple - mmmm... three kinds of cheese

Epicurious:
spicy - chiptole, molasses, cilantro, sounds a little complicated but really tasty
fontina and mushrooms - this is the one I want for dinner
the ultimate - prosciutto, basil, and tomato - yum!

Elise.com:
white cheddar, bacon, and pear - cheese and bacon and fruit, yeah!
salmon and gruyere - definitely interesting!

Chow.com:
JalepeƱo and aged jack - I like it spicy!
An article "Bread Plus Cheese Plus Heat" with 10 different recipes a la cheese that I loved!

Betty Crocker:
double decker - looks delish!
The Mexican - mmm taco seasoning

What can you come up with?

Oh, I almost forgot the Grilled Cheese Blog!

No comments: